This program is all about food! You'll discover everything you wanted to know about what's really in your food, and how to find some sneaky toxins that may be lurking in your pantry or fridge.
- 10 ingredients to purge from your pantry today, and why
- Why organic really is better, especially for children (you'll be surprised what an FDA study found!)
- What the confusing claims on food labels mean
- 2 "sneaky" ingredients that have over 40 different names - and how to find them in your food
Hi there! My name is Tonya Harris, and my mission is to help parents discover the common toxins in their homes that are affecting their family's health, plus simple solutions for how to remove them quickly and easily.
You might be wondering who I am and why I teach a course like this? More on my background in a minute, but first, I graduated with a Master's Degree in Holistic Nutrition in 2014, and then went on to become Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition. I also have a degree in Elementary Education from Eastern Illinois University.
So here is why I am so passionate about a more non-toxic home: I am a childhood leukemia survivor and now the mother of three (one with multiple learning disabilities, including ADHD). I work with parents to help optimize their family's health and lessen the symptoms of allergies and asthma as well as behavior, learning, and attention issues through simple dietary and lifestyle changes. I have been writing about the health implications of common chemicals in our homes and their effects on our children since 2008.
In my free time, I love spending time with my family, traveling, playing with my two dogs, and working on my organization Clubs to Cure Kids, a fundraiser to support families facing childhood cancer, and have been able to donate over $142,000 for childhood cancer research and family support programs. My (not-so-secret) guilty pleasure? Pretty much anything Bravo TV-related. :)
Additional Certificates/Continuing Education:
- Speaker-trained on the health implications of GMOs from Jeffrey Smith; Institute of Responsible Technology
- Certificate in Environmental Health: An Integrative Approach, from the University of Arizona’s Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Certificate in Nutritional Strategies to Prevent and Manage Autism Spectrum Disorder, Hawthorn University
- Aromatherapy & Health Certificate from the University of Arizona’s Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition®, National Association of Nutrition Professionals
- Certificate, GI Disorders Specialist from the Integrative Medicine Academy (in progress)